Richard Pegues, a former three time Republican Party chairman and a local government teacher, says that Sheriff Henry Patterson’s hit team has other private citizens in the cross-hairs as the primaries for the sheriff’s re-election bid approaches.
Pegues points out there are several unique things about Sheriff Patterson’s efforts:
1) Though their supporters are bragging that several millionaires from Liberty County will fund his campaign and get him anything he wants, Patterson’s hardest working campaigners are all from outside of Liberty County.
2) Patterson’s supporters from outside the county have said they have been “investigating” people in order to discourage anyone from coming out and working for Patterson’s opponent, longtime Republican hero Bobby Rader. “And that will make you think twice before helping Rader”.
3) An analysis of the calendar makes it clear the people from outside of this county have recently tried to hide under the guise of “media investigators”. Their bragging, and no doubt, their investigating goes back far enough that they are clearly trying to cover up they have had no private investigation license to do what they have done - breaking the law.
4) It is alleged that Sheriff Patterson is either funding this illegal mudslinging under the guise of investigations or his millionaire friends are or his buddies from outside the county are doing this as a “love offering”.
5) One of Henry Patterson’s supporters is quite the chatterbox and he brags that Bobby Rader, a former law enforcement officer and a current judge, will be “the first judge but not the last” to be on the not welcome list formed by this group from outside the county.
6) “Chatterbox” brags that “It doesn’t really matter if you have done anything wrong, we can dig up stuff and make you look like the devil”.
7) There is no probable cause for any of these “investigations” to be funded, or even sanctioned, by Sheriff Patterson.
8) Any connection Sheriff Patterson has to these “investigations” is alleged to be a violation of free speech and clear intimidation and oppression.
9) Sheriff Patterson’s political hit team slings the stupidest accusations and calls things like affidavits from their own team “evidence” of things that are too ridiculous to ever be considered in a court of law. This is an indication of the type of investigatory efforts that our county sheriff has attached to his name – and to our counties’ name
10) Agree with this website’s opinions or not, for those people who say Patterson’s Henchman are similar in any way to Liberty Dispatch or any media think on this: We pose questions we want answers to, in many cases Patterson’s gang knows the answer before they pose the question and presents something to the public that is much different than what they know is true.
For example: Eddie Shauberger has embraced as friends Bobby Rader and Richard Pegues for years and now he is signing affidavits and producing four years old e-mails and trying to make his friends look bad - all on behalf Henry Patterson for Sheriff. Where were his questions and complaints just a few weeks ago?