Thursday, December 22, 2011
SHERIFF PATTERSON’S “LUMP OF COAL” CHRISTMAS LIST
If Sheriff Patterson pulls Santa’s sleigh over as Rudolph descends into Liberty County, the following people might assume Patterson will press the big guy into dropping lumps of coal in their stocking. Patterson and his re-election team have a long enemies’ lists and the ten items that follow are not in priority order nor is the lists limited to the following:
1. Joe Warren and the grand jury that dismissed his case.
2. Every citizen that complains the sheriff is missing in action and refuses to accept the idea that his every morning breakfasts at public restaurants in Cleveland are quality and quantity voter access.
3. Bobby Rader for running for sheriff.
4. Allen Youngblood for requiring that LCSO press releases be factual and not just re-election efforts.
5. Vanessa Brashier for not listening to crazy Outsider efforts to spin news.
6. Ray Akins for staying independent and nuking Patterson’s political strategies.
7. Bill Buchanan for ignoring the sheriff.
8. All the voters in Liberty County except the ones in Cleveland for requiring that Patterson earn their vote.
9. The pot growers operating the two large fields in the Hardin area for not chaining themselves to the entrance gate to their drug kingdom so Henry could catch them.
10. The judges in the courthouse and State Rep Otto- because Patterson’s friend (Eddie)wanted to be a big shot and never could get elected.
The protection of this community is too important to trust to someone so busy selecting citizens who he wants to smut up at election time with made up Santa-like stories. Liberty County deserves leadership that doesn’t promote a culture of womanizing good ole boy-ism like Patterson‘s predecessor and doesn’t deserve rogue unprofessional political attack dogs like Patterson has unleashed.
I challenge Henry Patterson to totally separate himself from these Outsiders and to go public with how he has spent the slush fund created from seizures. Do it as your new year’s resolution, Henry... start with yourself and let’s clean this mess up!