The liberal website that chases car wrecks and shows morbid pictures of mangled Detroit metal and distressed neighbors at accident sites is trying to convince Liberty County citizens to admit they committed a gross error in the last election. The site seems to yearn to go back to the days of the FEMA scandal and Phil Fitzgerald or even further back to empty-headed days of “duh” when Lloyd Kirkham and company spent this county into its current crisis. A steady diet of “shame on you for voting in a landslide” to make Craig McNair the County Judge is beginning to flood the liberal site. Here are some samples quoted directly from the site of how they are beginning to try and influence voters:
1) It says you should be worried and that something is wrong: “Every taxpayer needs to start paying attention to the decisions being made by your County Officials”
2) It says voters mistakes in the last election are going to cost everyone: “It's very probable that they are going to raise your taxes in order to prevent depletion of all of the excess money.”
3) It implies our problems have been caused by the people just elected (Republicans): “Why have we had a deficit each previous year?”
4) It makes the CRAZY accusation that CEC raised the jail bid $29 a bed because of hesitation by County Judge Craig McNair: “They hesitated making a decision on the jail contract for several months, and in the meantime the cost to the tax went from $46.00 a bed to $75.00. That was several thousand dollars wasted because they wouldn't face the problem.” Future reports will more than make clear what really went on with CEC.
5) It lies about the cost and the reason Jay Arnold was hired to deal with CEC at a maximum cost of $2000: “The County Judge just cost the taxpayers $10,000.00 because, instead of letting the County Attorney make the negotiation, he took it upon himself to hire a different law firm to handle delinquent tax statements.”
6) It says Judge McNair is the one who we should blame the Wal-Mart debacle on. It speculates whether or not the building is actually up for sale. But it is common knowledge that former County Judge Phil Fitzgerald and Commissioner Todd Fontenot and company are the ones who purchased the building. News reports indicate the building is not worth what these men spent our hard earned tax dollars on.
Liberty County led by multi-term Democrats like Commissioners Todd Fontenot, Lee Groce, and Melvin Hunt and County Judge Tookie Kirkham (and a single term of Fitzgerald) have been taxing and spending and borrowing for years. Where is the King of Car Wrecks’ report on all of the bonds and all of the spending and all of the raises in salaries and all of hikes in appraisal values over those years? Where in any of that site’s reports does he point out that these democrats are the ones who farmed the jail out to CEC? And where are the reports that demand answers to the details of the original Wal-Mart purchase?
I will tell where those reports are. They are in the same place any negative reporting on Barack Obama is! Not on that site. That site wants to bash Republicans and if they have to blame them for Democrats’ mistakes so be it. But hang on folks, lest I sound like the current president as he blames Bush for the hole he can’t dig out of – Judge McNair can dig out of this with our help. We just have to get rid of the commissioners that are left that got us here and the era of irresponsible tax and spend government will be over.
Lloyd Kirkham will be remembered as one of the worst County Judges to ever hold office in Liberty County history. Democrat Kirkham single underhandedly did more damage to Liberty County's financial health than any other known person. Kirkham... a chapter of embarrassment not soon forgotten in Liberty County, the epitome of ignorance in Liberty County's corrupt history.
They can’t stand the truth…